What is insomnia?Main Causes& Methods To Help You Sleep Better
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder in which a person has trouble falling and/or staying asleep. It affects as many as 35% of adults and the condition can be short-term (acute) or can last a long time (chronic).
What causes insomnia? Here are the 6 main causes of insomnia:
- Indigestion, headache, urinary incontinence, angina, endocrine diseases, etc.
2. Hormonal Changes
- Menstrual period, pregnancy or menopause
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Traveling across time zones (jet lag) or shift workers
- Drug use
- Anti-epileptic drugs, steroids, diuretics, anti-Parkinson’s drugs, oral contraceptives, etc.
5. Mental stress
- Work pressure, excessive stress or anxiety, sadness, depression or anger
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Often stay up late, excessive alcohol use or consume caffeinated beverages at night
No More Sleepless Nights: 3 must-try methods to improve insomnia
Read this next: